PADI DIVEMASTER COURSE
Take the first step in your dive career and become a PADI Divemaster. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you'll expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills as you become a dive Professional. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities by training you to supervise diving activities and assist Instructors with student divers. Our Divemaster Course is very challenging, yet at the same time so much fun that each day you hope the sun never goes down! Your skills will improve on a daily basis as you become a valuable asset as part of a real world scuba diving resort team!
What can PADI Divemasters do?
• Work at International Dive Centers, on live-aboard dive boats, luxury yachts and at exotic resort locations like the BVI's!
• Assist PADI Instructors with students
• Lead Scuba Divers on guided dive tours and excursions
• Conduct PADI Scuba Review for certified divers needing a refresher
• Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers
• Teach PADI Discover Snorkeling programs
• Conduct PADI Scuba Review programs for certified divers
• Lead certified divers on Discover Local Diving experiences
• Teach Emergency First Response programs after successful completion of an Emergency First Response Instructor course
• Enroll in PADI Assistant Instructor or the PADI Instructor Development Course
What do I need to start?
• PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent certification from another training organization
• PADI Rescue Diver certification or equivalent certification from another training organization.
• Medical clearance signed by a physician
• Have a minimum of 20 logged dives to begin course training
• Be 18 years or older
• Course fees total $399.00
What will I do?
• Learn to organize, conduct and supervise diving activities
• Learn dive leadership through classroom and independent study sessions
• Complete water skills and stamina exercises in confined and open water
• Training exercises to test organizational and problem solving abilities
• An internship or series of practical training exercises
• Develop your theoretical diving knowledge to a level sufficient to become a Certified Scuba Diving Instructor
How long will it take?
Two weeks to three months, depending on your present certification level and dive experience
As a Professional member of the PADI organization, you will receive many valuable benefits, some of which include:
• A subscription to the Undersea Journal… our PADI dive industry magazine!
• Monthly PADI Pro Training Bulletin updates.
• Fantastic savings on Dive Travel through PADI Dive Centers Worldwide.
• Opportunity to purchase PADI educational materials and PADI gear direct from PADI!
• Job placement capabilities.
• Special group rates on Professional Liability Insurance.